| Enjoying a reputation for top-quality products, business innovations and consistently
reliable service, Interstate Batteries is the No. 1 replacement brand battery in North America. Now over
a billion dollar, privately-held corporation, our enterprise continues to thrive on
our innovation as well as our good
old-fashioned business principles.
Three entities make up our enterprise, with over 1,400 employees nationwide.
1. Interstate Battery System of America, Inc.
2. Interstate All Battery Center
3. Interstate PowerCare
As Interstate Batteries faces the future, we'll stay true to our founding principles and continue to
uphold our reputation to our customers.
| The Early Years:
In the spring of 1950, John Searcy began selling and delivering car batteries to wholesalers in the Dallas-Fort Worth area from the back of his red Studebaker pickup truck. After two years, Searcy founded his new company and named it Interstate Battery System. He based his business on high principles: offer the best-quality product, provide impeccable service and treat the customer with respect. By the 80s, Interstate celebrated the milestone of having distributorships in every one of the 50 states and in Canada. Today you can even find our distributors in Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Guam and Panama City! Retiring in 1978, John Searcy left the company under the leadership of President and Chairman Norm Miller. In the coming years, Interstate would seek to become a household name through Interstate Batteries Great American Race, marketing opportunities, going "prime time" with national TV commercials and sponsoring champion fishermen Guido and Dion Hibdon.
| In 1990, Norm's brother Tommy Miller became Interstate Batteries' President and C.E.O., while Norm remained Chairman of the Board. The company's presence took off in a new area - NASCAR, now America's fastest-growing professional sport. Interstate became title sponsor of Coach Joe Gibbs' new Winston Cup team in 1992 and steadily improved each year, winning the prestigious Winston Cup Championship in 2000.